So the MOBO Awards 2009 are over!! – and what a night!! Big names including Jermaine and La Toya Jackson, Keri Hilson, Kelly Rowland, David Guetta, Chipmunk and JLS all turned up.
11 acts performed including Tinchy Strider who did the opening with Dappy from N-Dubz:
To see the rest of this post, click the link:
Kerin Hilson, who also co-hosted the show alongside Reggie Yates:
Kelly Rowland and David Guetta:
Chipmunk, ft Dj Ironik:
Jermaine Jackson, singing “smile” by Charlie Chaplin.
Among the winners:
- JLS lifted two MOBOs – one for Best Newcomer and one for Best Song
- N-Dubz also scooped two MOBOs, for Best UK Act and Best Album.
- Chipmunk got the Best Hip Hop award, while Keri Hilson got the award for Best R&B Act.
- Beyonce won Best Video and Best International Act.
- Yolanda Brown, NNeka and many others…
Reggie, the host:
One of the best part was probably the Michael Jackson tribute. The King of Pop was honored with a MOBO Lifetime Achievement Award, which was accepted by La Toya and Jermaine Jackson in person.
And once again Britain’s Got Talent singer Shaheen Jafargoli sang I’ll Be There, while dance group Diversity performed a stunning sequence set to a medley of Michael Jackson hits.
Taking the MOBOs to Glasgow has probably been the best decision Kanya King could have made. And it seems it won’t be the last time Glasgow will host such a major event. The show was sold out! Kanya King, congatulations to you and your team for making this event so successful!
That’s all folks!